Sunday, December 30, 2012

Crochet Doily Red Clutch Bag

The other day, I was just thinking of projects for Valentine's Day.
I know I know...It's still like a little over a month away and it's probably still early to think about it. But after Christmas, that's the next big day that I get excited over.
And I thought I could make a cute little clutch bag that I could use on a date.

So, I went through my Crochet Pin Board as usual to find a nice clutch pattern.
And I found this oh-so-lovely Floral Pouch Pattern by Pierrot Yarns.
I must warn you that the pattern is only in diagrams. There are some helpful written notes, but yep, you have to know how to read the diagrams pretty well...It was kind of painful trying to decipher it, especially the Motif pattern, but I think it was all worth it in the end.
If you need help reading the pattern diagrams, just leave a comment and I'll try and help you.(:

Of course, I used red and white since I was thinking of V'day.
I had to use double strand of white yarn, since the yarn wasn't thick enough.

Both the doily and bag are done. I love this doily pattern so much. I think it would be perfect for coasters too.

Then, I sewn the doily to the back of my bag. I wasn't sure if it would turn out neat. I did my best to align it properly and pinned it in place with sewing pins before sewing.

I think it turned out pretty neat, don't you think? :D That's the back of my clutch.

And another shot of the back with the flap opens.
And finally, it's all finished :D
I hope you like it. :D
Happy crocheting. (:

2 comments: