Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Capri Scarf in the Making

Hey everyone!
Just a few updates on my crochet projects.
1) The "Graceful Shell Shawl" that I blogged about in THIS POST is done~! Before taking photos of it, I want to block it first and I will probably do it this weekend.
2) I still haven't finished my niece's sling bag (You can read about it and get the link to the pattern HERE)
3) And, just to procrastinate the sling bag project further...I started making a new scarf.

I found the lovely pattern on Red Heart website. It is called Capri Scarf.
I modified the pattern so that the width is smaller. I'm using Moda Vera Alder (Colour No.2) and it is a much bigger yarn than what the pattern calls for. So, for my first try, the width of the scarf turns out way too big. So, I reduced the base chain to 22 from 29. And it makes it a lot quicker to crochet up!

About that Moda Vera Alder yarn that I'm using..It is so soft and almost luxurious! I'm in love...
The yarn is 100% viscose derived from bamboo. I love bamboo yarns. (:
And to top it all off, I only paid $1 for each ball of yarn! It was on clearance at Spotlight and I bought 4 of them. I was so excited! Now that I think of it, I should have bought like 20 of them, don't you think? :D

Anyway, here are the photos of my Capri Scarf in the making. (:




Hope you have a great day! (:

black-hearts-divider

No comments:

Post a Comment